I’m so excited to share today’s post about a topic that’s been heavy on my mind the past couple of weeks; transformation!
Sure, I love fashion and style, but I also enjoy meeting and speaking with women about personal growth, self-improvement, and overall bettering ourselves whether that be personally or professionally.
Life has taken me so many places that have allowed me to experience things I could never have imagined for myself. This blog, for one thing, is something I would’ve never in a million years thought I could do!
Photography Credit – Viva Lux Photography
I’ve always been relatively introverted, a shy girl from a small town. For a while, I thought that would be my story. However, when I thought about some of the things I wanted to accomplish, I knew I needed to come out of my shell. Transforming my mindset is what allowed me to get outside my comfort zone.
It took some time, but I finally realize that although I’m far from where I started, and from what I ever planned, I’m exactly where I’m supposed to be.
SHOP MY LOOK
The only reason I can say that now is because I’m finally able to view myself as a continuous work in progress; instead of feeling the need to have everything 100% figured out. The reality is, we are as fluid as life itself, and at any given moment, we have the power to transform our current situations into those more aligned with our desires.
That’s why I encourage contentment with where you are, while also working on where you want to go. Keeping that at the forefront of your mind, you’re more likely to set yourself up for positive transformations.
Many of us have some area of our lives where we’d like to make some changes, or in keeping with the theme of this post, some “transformations.” The unfortunate part is not everyone thinks they have what it takes to transform. Sometimes we let the stressors of the daily grind wear us down so much that we’re merely maintaining instead of growing.
One of the best things about life is, each new day we are blessed to see is another opportunity to make ourselves bigger, better, and stronger than we were yesterday.
If you’ve found yourself at a point where you are ready to make some positive transformations but need a little guidance and push in the right direction, I’m hoping these five tips are just what you need to get started!
- Get clear on the areas of your life where you want to make some changes. Maybe you are ready for a career change, looking to relocate, or wanting to adopt a healthier lifestyle. Whatever it is for you, make sure you have it identified, and create specific goals that correlate back to your desired result.
- So you know where you want to make changes? Great! Sadly, so many people only get to this step of the transformation journey and then never act! That’s why as a bridge step from identifying to action, you need to develop a plan. A blueprint that gets you from your starting point to your finished product.
- Next, after identifying your goals and developing your plan, you must take the first step! Taking the first step might be the most critical aspect of the entire process. Just remember, God gives us the tools that we need, you just have to use them!
- Don’t be so hard, and try not to overwhelm yourself! Transformation takes time, but if you keep at it, you will get there. Small progress is better than none, and one step forward is better than two steps backward. If you’re ever feeling a little burnt out from the process, take a break, treat yourself, and then get back at it!
- Finally, be able to recognize when you’ve achieved the transformative results you wanted, and celebrate your accomplishments! Don’t be afraid to brag and show out, if only for a minute! Enjoy some downtime before you hop into your next set of goals because you’ve earned it.
So whats on the other end of your transformation? As always, I hope this encourages you along that journey!
Since you’re here, check out some of my other posts, and don’t forget to hit the subscription button below!
Until Next Time,