Hi, my name is Keyva Jo Fontnette! I’m a 30s something career professional currently living and loving life in Atlanta, Georgia. I’m a newlywed, a fur mom, and a Veteran of the Unite States Air Force! Welcome! I’m so glad you found my small corner of the internet! This is my hang out space where I discuss all things related to career ambitions, lifestyle goals, fashion, beauty, and everything in between. It’s a blog for the career minded, work-life balancing woman, striving to become a better version of herself and look good along the way!
I started this blog in 2016 after going through a severe case of work-life burnout. Unfortunately, it took exhaustion for me to realize that I’d literally been moving from one goal to the next for the last fifteen years and forgetting to live and enjoy life in the process. While I’m extremely proud of the things that I’ve accomplished, I can now appreciate the fact that accumulating a bunch of “things” does not equate to happiness. I am now making a conscious effort to stop being so hard on myself and to accept that everything doesn’t have to be perfect for it to be great.
Although I’m writing about my experiences and from my perspectives, I’m also looking to learn from others and continue to grow in the process. My hope is that this blog becomes an online community where like-minded women can share their experiences, gain knowledge, and pass along information to encourage, motivate, and uplift each other. Because honestly, we need more of that in this world!
In an effort to get to know me a little more, I’ve posted answers to a few interesting questions below:
- Are you named after anyone? Yes! I’m named after my dad. His name is Kevin, pronounced Kee-vin.
- If you were another person, would you be a friend of yourself? Heck Yeah! I think I’m cool, and my friends tell me I give great advice.
- Do you use sarcasm a lot? Not at all, I’m serious most of the time but loosening up is something I’m working on.
- What’s the first thing you notice about people? Their “Vibe”.
- What is your eye color? Brown.
- Scary movie or happy endings? Happy endings for sure!
- Favorite smells? Lavender and the smell of fresh coffee in the morning.
- Where were you born? Port Arthur, Texas
- Do you have any pets? Yes, A 2-year-old Shih-Tzu named Bryson
- Do you have any siblings? Yes, I have an older brother and a younger sister.
- How tall are you? 5”5
- How many countries have you visited? 3 – South Korea, United Arab of Emirates, and Cuba. All while stationed in the military.
- How would you describe your fashion sense? Classic City Chic
- What phone do you have? (iOS v Android?) iOS girl all the way!
- What’s one thing you still prefer to do the old-fashioned way? Read! I still enjoy a physical book or magazine in my hand. I’m a bookworm and electronic reading just doesn’t do it for me.
Does any of this sound like you? Leave me a comment below and introduce yourself! I’d love to get to know you too.