I’ve gotten quite a few questions regarding my morning and evening routines since I’ve started showcasing more of my day to day on Instagram. I know many of us are looking for ways to squeeze more into the day. So, I figured now is the perfect time to delve into this topic and share what works for me. Today I want to focus on my evening routine and share all the things I do every night to ensure I set my next day for optimal productivity. Every night generally around 8:30 PM, I start to unwind and;
1. Prepare the next day’s to-do list! Unless I need a chill day to do nothing, mapping out a plan for the next day is something that I do even on the weekends because I find that I am much more intentional with my time when I do!
2. Once I create a to-do list for the next day, I turn my attention to tidying. I haven’t mastered cleaning as I cook, so I usually start in the kitchen and clean up whatever I have left from getting dinner together. I’ll also pick up anything that’s out of place in the downstairs common areas. I’m up at 6:00 AM most mornings, and the last thing I want to do is wake up to clutter. Talk about starting your day off behind the curve. Plus, my mom taught me never to go to bed with a dirty kitchen, so there’s that!
3. After putting my to-do list together, and cleaning up after dinner, the next thing I do every night is to take a steaming hot shower! I know, I know, evidence shows that hot showers are not the best for your skin. However, I’m just not ready, or will I ever if I can help it, give them up! I take my hot shower, enjoy the heck out of it, and then move on to my skincare routine.
4. My skincare routine is pretty simple! My dermatologist prescribes almost everything I use on my face at night. I also finally found a moisturizer that’s doesn’t flake my skin. For my body, I’m in love with Palmer’s Coconut Oil Formula With Vitamin E Body Lotion. Not only does it smell great, but it also leaves my skin feeling great, and it’s a body lotion that both my husband and I use.
5. One of the next things I do every night is curl up with a book! I usually read about 10-15 pages or one chapter (whatever comes first) of my current read of the month. This month I’m reading Relationship Goals by Pastor Mike Todd. Honestly, as much as I love to read, I wouldn’t get through as many books as I’d like to if I didn’t have it incorporated somewhere in my daily routine. So, reading serves as a great way to end my night.
6. Now! This last thing is a little bit unusual, so I’d be curious to see who else does this. After finishing all the other things I do every night, and right before I pray and close my eyes, I scroll Pinterest! I don’t do this for a long time, but for about 5-10 minutes, I’ll check out my Pinterest Homepage for anything interesting or find pins related to anything that popped in my mind that day! It’s a fun way to end the night, and it usually puts me right to sleep!
So those are six things I do every night! Does it resemble at all your evening routine? What’s one thing on this list that you don’t do but think could serve you well? I’d love to know!
Until next time…
P.S: Shop The Dress: Here