Whew! So, I must admit that May really snuck up on me yesterday! Recently, I have been in a period of true reflection, celebrating my birthday a couple of weeks ago, and today closing a major life chapter with the culmination of my fourteen-year military career! Both are milestones that I am truly thankful for and am embracing with open arms! In fact, in honor of my 33rd birthday, I am sharing with you 33 life lessons that I believe we all should master in our 30s. In no particular order, they are:
1. Trust Your Intuition.
2. You May Make The Same Mistake Twice Before You Learn And That’s Okay! Just Don’t Make It A Habit.
3. The Type Of Energy You Put Into The World Is Exactly The Type Of Energy You Will Receive In Return.
4. All Successful Relationships Require Some Amount Of Work.
5. Be Open To New Opportunities, They May Lead You Somewhere Unexpected.
6. You Don’t Have To Be The Best At Everything, But Be Really Good At Something!
7. No Matter How Far Your Journey Takes You, There’s No Place Like Home.
8. Don’t Be Afraid To Pick Up The Pieces And Start Over Again.
9. Hard Work And Consistency Really Does Pay Off.
10. Take Time To Bask In Your Accomplishments Before You Rush Off To The Next Project Or Goal.
11. Burnout Is Real, And It Sneaks Up On You! Taking Care Of Your Mental And Emotional Health Is Just Important As Your Physical Being.
12. There Are A Few Exceptions, But First Impressions Are Usually Spot On.
13. Go Ahead And Apply For That Job You Don’t Think You’re Qualified For! What Do You Have To Lose?
14. Its Inevitable, Someone You Love Will Disappoint You And That’s Okay, Grow From It!
15. Find Your Tribe And Cherish Them!
16. Change Is Good And Necessary!
17. You’re Not Perfect, Learn To Forgive Yourself And Move On.
18. The Responsibility For Your Happiness Is Yours And Yours Only.
19. Go On At Least One Minor And One Major Vacation Every Year.
20. You Don’t Need A Gym To Get Your Workout On!
21. Unfortunately, Or Fortunately, You’re Not Always Right!
22. Perfection Is An Illusion.
23. Try As You Might, You’ll Never Be Able To Please Everyone!
24. Time Is Precious! Appreciate It And Spend It Wisely!
25. If You Procrastinate On Making Decisions, It Will Eventually Be Made For You, And Not In The Best Way.
26. We All Deserve At Least One Guilty Pleasure.
27. Do Not Air Your Laundry/Drama On Social Media! It Won’t Amount To Anything Positive!
28. Everyone Experiences Failures And Setbacks! Just Remember That They Are Temporary.
29. Avoid The Work Gossip And Water Cooler Talk.
30. Never Stop Learning!
31. Start Saving For Retirement As Early As Possible!
32. Don’t Spend Time With People Who Don’t Value You!
33. Self-Love Is The Best Love!
Bonus: Live Life As A book, Where Every Chapter Is Better Than Your Last!
As always thanks for stopping by! Don’t forget to hit the subscription button below so you’re always notified of new posts!